Let’s face it, all of us have our own bad habits. We may bite our nails or crack our knuckles. Some of us interrupt people often or procrastinate. 카지노사이트 All these nasty habits are hard to break. But have no fear! This article will teach you how to get rid of your bad habits. More information after the jump
Take complete responsibility for your actions. You are the king or queen of your actions — no one is responsible for them but you. When you get behind the driver’s seat after three too many drinks, that is your decision. In some ways, it may be more practical than getting on a bus or hailing a taxi, but it’s still your decision. Whether you want to or not, you own up to your decisions at some point.
- Realizing that you are completely responsible for your actions can leave you feeling overwhelmed or even paralyzed at first. You begin to realize that each of your actions has repercussions, and that those repercussions are wildly different than the ones you may have imagined when you acted in the first place. It’s a scary thought.
- But ultimately, being completely responsible for your actions is empowering. You are the maker of your own destiny. Within certain norms, no one else can tell you what to do. Taking full responsibility for your actions gives you freedom. You begin to understand how habits can be metaphorical chains, and how breaking them can set you free.
Start scrutinizing the consequences and rewards of your habits. Make a simple pro/con list of what your habit gives you. Try to be viciously, unsparingly honest with yourself. You can do it. Here’s a pro/con list, for example, of smoking:
- Feeling of calmness and energy from nicotine
- Helps with short-term stress
- Opportunity for social ice-breaker
- Helps me feel stylish
- Numerous and damaging long-term health problems
- Gets very addictive very fast
Begin to weigh the short-term rewards with the long-term consequences. Usually, we justify indulging in a habit we know is bad because we value the short-term rewards disproportionately over the long-term effects. And that’s because we can’t see the long-term effects — they’re far off in the future, hard to judge, sometimes uncertain. 바카라사이트 It’s much easier to see and feel the short-term benefits.
- For example, maybe you’re a breakfast skipper. You’re trying to lose weight, so you convince yourself to do it. In the short term, you may drop a couple of pounds and feel better about your body. But in the long run, those pounds are likely to come back (because you’re not dieting properly), and you’re planting the seeds of an eating disorder.
Stick to breaking one habit at a time. You may feel empowered by your decision to bust all your bad behaviors — and that’s good! But don’t put the cart before the horse. Stick to busting one habit first. Trying to break all your bad habits at once can be seriously overwhelming; it’s better to take your time and break one for good than to rush through the process and end up getting rid of none of your bad habits.
Don’t take minor setbacks too seriously. If you happen to fall off the wagon and accidentally indulge in your bad habit, don’t give up all hope. Pull yourself right back up and get back on track. Minor setbacks will happen — pretending that they won’t is just not being honest with yourself. Instead, learn from your setbacks and try to ensure that they won’t happen again. 온라인카지